|LOCATION||255 South Tenth Sreet|
|CITY||Broken Bow, NE|
The Broken Bow Ladies Association, formed in 1885, began collecting books for a public library. Initially, the books that formed the library were rotated among the homes of the association’s members and various businesses in the area. Eventually, the Library Association purchased a building to house their collection, and finally located the Library in the City Hall. In 1914 the Carnegie Foundation approved the library board’s request for $10,000 for a new building. The one-story brick building with a raised basement was constructed in 1915-16.