The Alliance Central Park Fountain was constructed in 1935 by Works Progress Administration and city parks department crews. It is historically significant as an electrically powered, colored-light fountain. The fountain, first actibated during Alliance’s “Stampede Days” celebration in June 1935, was in continuous use during the summer months until the mid-1970s when it fell into disrepair. In 1989, however, money was raised to restore the fountain. The restoration did not change the historic appearance of the octagonal concrete structure.