Wescott, Gibbons, and Bragg’s Store
Main Street, Comstock. The store building is an outstanding example of the typical frame, false-front commercial building erected in Nebraska towns during the late nineteenth century. Constructed in 1888 as a general store in Wescott by Walter Wescott, founder of the town, the store was moved across the Middle Loup River in 1900 to the newly established railroad town of Comstock. In the new location Wescott, along with his partners, son -in -law E.C. Gibbons and Charles D. Bragg, established a thriving business in one of the few trading centers in the Sandhills. In 1912 an addition was made to house the Comstock City pharmacy.