The Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway Association formed in 1999 as a non-profit corporation to preserve, enhance and promote the unique resources of the Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway. SJSB is a federal tax-exempt 501(c)3 corporation.
To conserve and promote the natural, cultural, historical, recreational
and scenic qualities along the Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway
To improve our rural economy by working cooperatively
to enhance the visitor experience
How to Join the Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway
Joining the SJSB is an extraordinary opportunity for you to become an integral part of preserving and enhancing this national scenic treasure for current and future generations to come. A downloadable membership application – 2018 (.pdf) can be found here.
Your annual $25 membership helps support projects such as:
- Maintaining a vibrant and updated website and online presence
- Marketing the byway and promoting byway-related tourism through development and distribution of brochures, maps, and guidebooks
- Networking and collaborative planning with business and tourism organizations, government agencies and state and national byways program staff
- Development of a comprehensive SJSB Interpretive Plan
- Increase public awareness of the Byway, including its unique natural features, cultural activities, and quality of life
- Increase marketing efforts to position the Byway region as a destination
- Develop and expand target marketing
- As a part of matching funds for various grants to fund projects that may include 1) contracting with a Byway facilitator, 2) expand displays and events at the Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway Visitor’s Center in Broken Bow, and 3) improving directional and way finding signage along the Byway and other projects as the opportunity presents itself.