Grand Island

Andrew M. Hargis House

1109 West Second Street, Grand Island, NE

Built in 1898, the Andrew M. Hargis House is a fine example of the Queen Anne style and also incorporates Neo-Classical Revival detailing in its design.

Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

204 South Cedar Street in Grand Island, Grand Island, NE

 

Evangelische Lutherische Dreinenigkeit Kirche (Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Complex)

512 East Second Street, Grand Island, NE

 

Glade-Donald House

1004 West Division Street, Grand Island, NE

 

Grand Island Carnegie Library

321 West Second Street, Grand Island, NE

 

Grand Island FCC Monitoring Station

Near Grand Island, Grand Island, NE

 

Grand Island Senior High School

500 Walnut Street, Grand Island, NE

 

Grand Island United States Post Office and Courthouse

Grand Island, NE

 

Hall County Courthous

first and Locust, Grand Island, NE

 

Hamilton-Donald House

520 West Second Street, Grand Island, NE

 

Heinrich Gies House

Grand Island, NE

The Gies House had several stages of construction from 1963 to 1877.

Hotel Yancey

123 North Locust Street, Grand Island, NE

Named for its proprietor, William L. Yancey, the hotel was begun in April 1917.

Lee Huff Apartment Complex

213-215-1/2 South Walnut Street, 324 West Koenig, and 316-318-1/2 West Koenig, Grand Island, NE

The Lee Huff apartment Complex is an excellent example of a multiple-dwelling complex that incorporates both an apartment building and two flats.

Liederkranz

Grand Island, NE

In 1870 German settlers met to organize a German singing society or “Liederkranz” to provide musical and social entertainment and to cultivate the members’ musical talents.

Mrs. H. J. Bartenbach House

720 West Division Grand Island, Grand Island, NE

 

Roeser-Gartner House

721 West Koenig Street, Grand Island, NE

Also known as the Oscar Roeser House, it was built in 1908 by Henry H. Falldorf following the plans of architect Thomas Rogers Kimball.

Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer

3133 W. Hwy 34, Grand Island, NE

 

Townsley-Murdock Immigrant Trail Site

2424 S. Locust St, Ste C, Grand Island, NE

 

Townsley-Murdock Immigrant Trail Site

Grand Island, NE

The Townsley-Murdock Immigrant Trail Site has Euro American and Native American components.

Veterans Park & Memorial Wall

2424 S. Locust St, Ste C, Grand Island, NE

 

William Stolley Homestead and Site of Fort Independence

Grand Island, NE

William Stolley was one of a small band of German immigrants who came to the central Platte Valley of Nebraska Territory in 1857.

Civilian Conservation Corps

One mile southeast of Ravenna on Highway 2, Grand Island, NE

 

Dead Horse Creek

Highway 92 on the southern edge of Loup City, Grand Island, NE

 

La Grande Isle Historical Marker

Stolley Park, Grand Island, NE

 

Pioneer Park Historical Marker

US 30 , Grand Island, NE

 

Post South Loup Fork

Southeast of Ravenna on Highway 2, Grand Island, NE

 

Sandhill Cranes Historical Marker

U.S. 34/U.S. 281 and Platte River Road, in between Grand Island and Doniphan, Grand Island, NE

 

The O.K. Store Historical Marker

Fonner Park, Grand Island, NE

 

The Old Fort Kearny (Nebraska City) Road Historical Marker

U.S. 34/U.S. 281 west of Doniphan, Grand Island, NE